PAW functions as an open and inclusive working group, comprised of a diverse range of committed individuals who share PAW’s vision and mission. All are welcome.
Our Vision and Mission
Vision: Flourishing communities, valuing hauora, social justice, equity, and diversity.
Mission: We will be bold and courageous in pursuit of our vision. We will engage with Te Tiriti O Waitangi and follow tikanga. We will:
- Challenge neoliberalism
- Connect with individuals and communities
- Research and inform through stories and statistics
- Discuss and debate
- Advocate with community to decision makers and each other
- Encourage and support participatory democracy
- Model inclusive language
- We will support one another respecting our unity and diversity
The PAW working group is open to anyone who would like to participate.
PAW meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of the month, generally at Community Waikato, 33 Victoria St, Hamilton. Please check our facebook for meeting announcements.